Dear Friend of Trauma Healing,
Thank you for being part of the THP family and for your support of our growing healing arts program. As one mom explained:
“The Trauma Healing Project has become an integral part of my family’s healing. Having escaped domestic violence with a newborn, I have had to work to rebuild my life and would not be doing as well as I am without the THP.”
After she participated in acupuncture, yoga and other healing arts services several times a week for over a year, the THP became a home away from home and an important part of her family’s path to a healthy future. The well-rounded support system offered by the THP for parents of young children and for other members of our community who have experienced trauma is unique. With your financial help and the time and talent given by experienced volunteer practitioners, we are able to provide these effective services in a safe and comfortable setting at low cost. Truly, your support has made healing possible for some of our community’s most vulnerable survivors of trauma.
Previous donations have expanded our Holistic Healing Arts Program to Survivor Wellness and Parent Wellbeing Programs.
The healing support for the community at large is priceless. Your investment is multiplied as our volunteer practitioners take what they learn into their work in the larger community. With your help, THP will continue to provide healing attention to survivors in our community in support of health and well-being for generations to come.
Please help us continue on this journey of healing and growth by making a financial contribution today.
To donate online click here
- In the first quarter of 2017, 21 practitioners have already provided 462 services to 237 people! This includes individual bodywork such as acupuncture, craniosacral therapy, Reiki, Feldenkrais, massage, yoga therapy and corrective exercise, as well as group services such as yoga, mindfulness, Nia, Friends and Family discussion group and four group acupuncture clinics.
- This year we launched the Amigos y Familia-Serie de Discursos (Friends and Family Discussion Series in Spanish), a new mindfulness group, a writing workshop, a once-a-month AcuVitality group(a blend of Qi Gong, breath work, gentle acupuncture and guided meditation) and Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy. We also continue to provide individual body work sessions.
Your donations at work:
- $1000 pays for 6 months of acupuncture supplies (for over 600 sessions!)
- $500 pays for 10 individual bodywork sessions
- $250 pays for 25 support group sessions
- $100 pays for 10 group acupuncture sessions
- $50 pays for 10 yoga or gentle movement classes
P.S. Please mark your calendars and LET’S GLOW TOGETHER at our 4th Annual Glow Variety Show December 2nd and 3rd at the Hult Center Soreng Theater!! If you’d like more information please visit www.glowvarietyshow.org.